Tuesday 3 April 2012

A quick fabric printing tutorial and a 101 Tag

 Its blooming freezing (glad I am not in Scotland they have blizzards!) this time last week it was 20 degrees warmer.......what's that all about?  So, heating has gone back on and I am SO pleased I was lazy and didn't pack my winter clothes away last week as I seem to be wearing most of them at the moment!!


Anyhoo, I did realise that I haven't shared with you the card I made for my nephew's Christening





The background paper is TH which I distressed, adding some torn and distressed music paper, an inked piece of grungboard flourish and printed a photo onto fabric using freezer paper.
 
It is not as difficult as I thought:


  1. cut your fabric and freezer paper to size
  2. iron the freezer paper, waxy side up, onto the fabric
  3. run it through your printer.  
  4. To ensure the ink sets I then iron the fabric with a piece of brown paper over the top to heat set
 Simples.....I then added some freehand sitiching around to finish it off.



This is  a tag I made using a technique from the 101 Creative Chemistry.  I covered the tag in distress stains, over stamped with archival ink then splattered water over to distress slightly.
 


I stamped the bird, colouring with DI, adding a small amount of glossy accents for the eye, cut it out and mounted the bird on the tag.  I then added small amounts of gold foil around the edges.

I have a stinking cold and chest infection at the moment, so I am off to try a glass of chilli beer my hubby bought me (meant to help my throat!!) - it has a WHOLE chilli in the bottle......I may regret this.....but you have to try new things right?

Happy Crafting

Li'l Pidge x

1 comment:

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment