Saturday 2 February 2013

Feb 365 Challenge




Hello, are you having a nice weekend?  Even though I am super busy at the moment, I somehow have managed to surpass myself and have February's 365 calendar page ready!!!  I know, I cannot believe it either!  How smug do I feel?  (believe me it won't last long....!)


So this months pages are coloured with Dylusions, stencilled, stamped and splattered with white distress stain.  I stamped hearts and added oil pastels to colour them, edging them with a black china pencil and some white paint.  I added some pink sequins in one of the hearts for a little subtle bling (what would February be without bling?  The month of Valentines, pancakes and my birthday!!).

I also die cut some hearts from dylusion coloured copier paper and ran them through the sewing machine adding an outline of zig zag stitches and I left the threads dangling for some added texture.

I added some borders to the page with Tim Hotlz sticky tape (I love this stuff) and some heavily glittered letters to spell out Feb (bright red stickles add just the right amount of bling without being too in your face)-perfect for a stylish touch.

This is my second month taking part in Kate Cranes 2012 365 challenge, all the deets can be found on her blog here 

Happy Crafting

Kyla
 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely February! Wonderful soft colors. The blocks and background blend so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your page...so subtle, with so many lovely colors. Luscious layers and the hearts are wonderful. The picket fence splashes make me smile. That's one of my go-to supplies. And I say go ahead and be as smug as you would like....very cool to be ahead of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A jazz chord to say.....great pages there Kyla! Wish I could have been in the pub when you read my post! Tee Hee!
    Loving the purples on this!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment