Wednesday 27 February 2013

WOYWW

Hello everyone....its Wednesday again...hump day as some say...but for us its 'What's on your Workdesk Wednesday' and a chance for a legal snoop around desks across the globe. This is all co-ordinated by the lovely Julia over here

So on my work desk this week are some more naked mail art I have made, the post card on the top right of the desk made with dylusion inks and one of my homemade figure stencils.  Fellow WOYWWer, Donna, has encouraged me to have a go at naked art!  So why not (full deets are on the previous post)!!

I also have an ornate doorbell I bought from the 99p store...I am thinking of altering it somehow (and ideas gratefully received)!

Also on my desk are a couple of small metal pots which contain sequins, these are for a felt doll we are each making at our weekly coven meeting.  Hopefully I will have this finished in a few weeks (we only do a couple hrs a week, and a LOT of that is taken up with tea, cake and gossip!  A fabulous stress reliever)!

As to my 'Man Bites Dog' cards.....'Cruel Priest Blames Blonde Model'!!  Well, considering I am in the UK and this week the highest bloke in the catholic church resigned amongst a lot of scandal I think that its an apt saying!!

Happy Crafting
Kyla
 

12 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW. I am chuckling as to how the conversation with the post office re. naked art went! I have sent naked postcards in the past - and all successfully. I often would spray a coating of glitter or varnish over the top to seal it - and just keep everything as flat as possible. I also sent a postcard to the threatened cute Post Office in the US. Hope her campaign to survive goes well. Ali x #24

    ReplyDelete
  2. no a clue what naked art is (off to investigate shortly) Love that doorbell which I would patina and then use on a book cover (handmade book cover of course). Will be good to see what happens.
    Take care
    Hugs, Neet xx 27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking desk. Don't know what naked art is so will have to follow Neet and investigate soon. Love the cards each week. Appropriate about the priest this week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #39

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read the previous post.... naked art sounds fun - as long as we don't have to be naked!! Have a great day, Helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  5. naked art what fun that sounds and as for your doorbell I can't wait to see what you do with that
    Happy WOYWW hope you have a great day
    Ria #48

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post as it was so intriguing I have been here for ages! First - the cards on the desk? - well I had to check that out as it made me smile. Then the naked art - whoaaa, are we taking WOYWW to another level? Oh phe no you meant postcards in the mail. I've always been rather nervous about this myself but maybe it's time to jump in - and that PO is adorable!! Thanks for keeping me entertained!! Cindy x #76

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say, art meets life with those cards, huh! Was staggered to hear another priest brush it off...'he's due to retire anyway...'
    Love the doorbell idea, would look fab on the front of a journal...but i guess you were way ahead of me when you bought it, you big spender you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the doorbell and looking forward to seeing how you alter it ... also intrigued by the naked art. Takes all kinds and its all good.
    Sandra @12

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interested in the naked art might try that on my Gran as she loves getting surprise post! Thanks for sharing Tracy #72

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee your cards always make me chuckle! I'll be interested to see what you do with your door knob. You'll be proud of me I created my first ever art journal pages over the last couple days in my new Dylusions journal!!! Will post soon, am sure you'll like it. No desk from me, because it's empty or I can't share yet what I'm working on! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's the same for me when I craft with the girlfriends-mor chatting and drinking than actual crafting LOL! Lindsay #134

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work desk!
    Happy WOYWW!

    Amy #71

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment