Wednesday 23 October 2013

WOYWW

Hello peeps, its back round to Wednesday again, which can only mean one thing....Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday...the legal snoop across the globe at desks, some clean (and I mean REALLY clean...LLJ I would love to spray some ink on yours!! lol!) and others not so!

This week my desk is clean (yes, I know...after doing Tim Holtz latest course I cleared away after EACH session!!!!) so I have moved onto the dining room table and am having a go at making PaperCloth.

 
I borrowed this book of a fellow Craft Coven member and am having a go.  Basically its cotton fabric layered with tissue paper, book pages etc and mixed with watered down PVA.  When I move onto the next stage I will colour some parts a little more (I have only used mica so far), cut it up and stitch it into something (goodness knows what!)



I quite like the texture of the PaperCloth so I think it will be interesting to see how it can be used.

"Man Bites Dog" cards this week is 'Judge Bites Blonde Tourist'!!!  Possibly the oddest yet!

Happy crafting
Kyla
 


18 comments:

  1. An interesting craft project. happy woyww jill #39

    ReplyDelete
  2. PaperCloth sounds fascinating - look forward to seeing what it turns into. Happy WOYWW, Helen #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WOYWW. Never heard of Papercloth before, but sounds very interesting. Ali x #49

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to read back about the course. I was annoyed to read you couldn't do it unless you did the first one first (or had done it previously) - Did I say that here before? DOH! Repeating myself, I suspect. Anyway, liking the look of the collage. My pile 0'Gelli prints are crying out for something, maybe collage is the answer...

    Is Blond Judge Bites Tourist odder? or maybe a restaurant review instead: Blond Tourist Judge Bites....seems an extra S is needed in one of a few possible places...


    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (40)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you need to do the first course :-(

      Delete
  5. This looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing :) - Uniflame #68

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting and I imagine fun to do. Look forward to seeing the final piece. Those cards do make me chuckle. Hope you are a little better this week, more mobile? Take care Zo xx 70

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a really cool project, with all sorts of possibilities! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #34 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! funny cards! bet they use them to make up tv show scripts! love the look of the texture papery fabrics thing..how interesting. how's your post operative self then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. the paper fabric sounds interesting might just pop over to amazon .....you know the book people LOL . . . .I cant help it it's an addiction :-)
    hope you show what you make it into
    janet #41

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ops I accidentally pressed add to basket ( I have some birthday money from earlier in the week ;-).... Ta
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. paper fabric!!! you have perked my interest.

    Hugs Robin 23

    ReplyDelete
  12. You come and spray away, Kyla!! You'll have to clear it off again afterwards though so I can cut out my fabrics ;-)
    Hope your ankle is getting better quickly..
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That technique sounds fab...I'd love to try it (apart from the stitching part!). Love this weeks slogan....I've heard that some judges can be like that! Hugs. Pam#38

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kyla
    Book arrived yesterday you don't expect me to actually make something I thought it was just to look at ha ha
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It is a lovely book to flick through x

      Delete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment