Wednesday 18 December 2013

WOYWW

Hello peeps, its hump day again so that can only mean one thing-a legal snoop at desks across the globe as part of Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday!

After 3 months off work following an ankle operation I am finally back at work-which means I am having to schedule time in for crafting so was pleased I was able to do WOYWW as I need to keep my work life balance more in check - I think that will be my new year promise to myself!

So, on my desk this week...LOTS of different stages of Christmas cards.  

One thing I have learnt this year is that I need to do less.  It if doesn't need to be done 100% perfect and it doesn't have to be done by me (because I have the special skill set or liability at work) then I either ask someone else if they can do it-or...shudder....don't do it at all!!!

To make life easier, this is the first year for many years that I have supplemented my handmade cards with some shop bought ones.  I am not seeing it as a failure on my part that I haven't made them all, but a part of making my life easier-I was amazed how much less stressful it was, and I actually enjoyed making the cards this year (I just need to keep remembering this)!
 

My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week are 'Romantic Singer Weeps for Fans'-now considering these are random and X Factor (not something I watch but the girls at work do!) finished at the weekend this seemed quite fitting.

Happy Crafting
Kyla

12 comments:

  1. I don't watch X factor either, I do however spot some lovely bits for making Christmas cards. I too have bought some cards for the neighbours as I just ran out of time this year. Thanks for sharing Tracy #41

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed by how appropriate your cards have been this year..and I wonder if the red tops use them for headliners?!! am delighted that you've reached some good conclusions about work life balances, and really, I will be reminding you as next year unfolds....specially the part about buying the odd cards and letting others help put by doing their bit......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning
    Just popping my head around the door to say hi and wish you a very happy Christmas.
    Thanks for sharing your workplace.

    Neil #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, the world keeps turning even if you don't handmake everything. I have given up trying to do that, it only leads to self destruction or too much mulled wine ;-)
    Thanks for all the friendship and support this year, wishing you and yours and very Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the baubles, thanks for sharing Donna #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kyla, good to read that you are now recovered enough to return to work, and that you have developed a new philosophy for getting things done, or not, as the case may be. It's a fact that life goes on whether you tick everything of your to-do list or not, so relax and enjoy :) Have a wonderful Christmas.Seasons greetings to you and yours, Elizabeth x #45

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kyla, good news about your ankle, just look after it now! Seems like a fine plan you have for next year, I think we all try to be Superwoman all the time, then stress when we can't keep it up. Well done for jumping off the Merry go round.Love those baubles, they're amazing. Wishing you a Happy and Peaceful Christmas and New Year, from me & my Beloved Hubby. Huge Christmas Hugs, Shaz #44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, I think I need to do the same, just say no!
    Karen #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great philosophy, Kyla! I'm inspired to work on my own balance. One thing about Christmas that helped me this year was doing Christmas challenges throughout the year. I'm going to do even more next year so I don't have that awful last-minute stress that takes a lot of fun out of it. And I supplement my cards, too, giving photo cards to a lot of people. We just do what we need to do to find that even keel!! Happy WOYWW and Happy Holidays!! Hugs, Darnell #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your various elements on your desk for your Christmas Cards, particularly the blue embossed ornaments. I was flat out getting a dozen cards made this year so had to buy some cards too........the ones I made I made sure went to those I know would appreciate them. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Danie #37

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Christmas Kyla. Good to hear you're ankles doing well, even if that does mean you have to go back to work :(
    I've supplemented my handmade cards with shop ones too for the 1st time in about 6 years - cute kraft ones from Paperchase, it all felt very liberating!

    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kyla
    a thought provoking post this week.... I know I should try to do likewise but with a wedding and another grand child coming in the first part of the year .... not going to happen.
    glad you are back to work and hopefully enjoying being back amongst your work mates
    janet #30

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment