Sunday 16 March 2014

Flying art

Hello peeps, I hope you are all well.

I thought I had spoken too soon enthusing about the well overdue improvement in the weather-mid week saw some of the worst fog I have ever seen (let alone driven in!!) but mother nature has done us proud and this weekend is a beautiful sunny one,so the windows are thrown open and washing is on the line and hubby even managed to cut the lawn!  Long may it continue!

Some of you may know that I have a love of postcards, especially making them.  I love to make a postcard and then put my faith in Royal Mail and post it around the globe!!  This all came about because Donna at the last WOYWW get together convinced me to take a leap of faith, and I am glad I did as they have all been well received.



This is my latest one (I know its been received so I can blog it now!).  I painted the background with watercolours and stamped gingko leaves (masking some of them) on the left.
I stamped a dragonfly and coloured it with inktense inks (I love the depth of colour these produce) and added a little glitter.

I then added some faux stitching around the edge and sprayed it with an acrylic spray varnish to protect the card in the post.

I made two of these,this one is a birthday card for my friend in Switzerland and the other was an acceptance card for a friend who is getting married next month.

So, if you were ever thinking of making a postcard...go one, I encourage you to put your faith in the postal system and let your art fly!

Happy crafting
Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment