Monday 29 December 2014

First part of my Christmas make round up

Hello peeps, as many of you will know I have had to be a bit cagey over the past couple of months about what I show on my desk in case I uncovered something I was making for Christmas!

Finally I can share with you some of those makes.  First for each brother (hubby has 2 and I have 1) I made a homemade hamper.  They each contained a bottle of elderflower cordial, some spicy rhubarb chutney, spiced sugar (which contains flavours such as clove, orange, cinnamon and bay leaf, yep, bay leaf...it really does work) and some sloe gin.  All handmade and I finished off the hampers with some candy canes and some christmas tree decorations with their names on (not handmade but they did look so cute)!

 Back in the summer I did a glass fusing course and made necklaces, keyrings and coasters.  Now, I did make a few but I kept a lot of them myself so I need to do another course (luckily my brother in law and his lovely wife bought me a glass blowing course voucher so that's another craft to try!).

 I also made several book covers.  I made a few quilted ones (but these are a PAIN and took me hours to make just one!)




 So I decided to try using solid fabric instead and this worked just as well but took a lot less and didn't cause my RA to flare after.




Then there is the proverbial problem of what to make for men!  Well, my brother currently works for a Japanese company and I know that tradition states that they respect their business cards so I made him a leather business card holder with his initials stamped on the front.

So, that's a few of my latest makes.  I will finish uploading the rest of my photos soon and share them.

Happy crafting

Kyla
 

4 comments:

  1. Blimey, cagey you were, busy you certainly were...FAB results. Bet you were really pleased with all the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you put me to shame as I didn't make anything for gifts - love these, the hampers especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you, all these look fab!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful books and that would be amazing to take a glass blowing class happy new year hugs Nikki 4

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment