Friday 14 August 2015

Quilt procrastination

Now, I am a really good procrastinator when it comes to certain projects and quilting is one of them.  I bought two jelly rolls 3 years ago with the idea of making my mum a quilt and one for myself.  I made mum's a couple of years ago but it was not an experience I fancied repeating so my jelly roll has sat there year on year.  I even decorated my bedroom in the jelly roll colours to see if that would inspire me, but no.

Then finally, last week I decided to have another go.  My husband was at a punk festival for 4 days and this gave me time.  Now, the Missouri quilt youtube channel says that this quilt top only takes an hour...NOT if you are left handed, new to quilting AND have Rheumatoid Arthritis (which means I need to take regular breaks and stretch/rest).

So I settled down and after an afternoon of sewing (and a little unpicking!) I had half a quilt top, by the following lunchtime I had finished my quilt top.

Now I have to work out how to add the batting, edging and backing.  Fiona (Starting at the Sea) has sent me some great tutorial links so fingers crossed the next part of the quilt doesn't take me 3 years also!

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

2 comments:

  1. Am I repeating myself when I say this is fab...truly fab...and just think, you won't have to redecorate your bedroom now either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt, Kyla! Well worth the 3-year wait. Sounds like my last knitting project that took me 2 years, but we did move house in the middle of that! The colours in your quilt are so beautiful and vibrant.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment