Monday 23 November 2015

Quilt procrastination

So, how am I getting on with the quilt I hear you ask?  Well.........I was distracted!!!

On my recent trip to London we went to a Manga Exhibition at the British Museum and also a quick visit to Tate Modern.  As Banksy said "exit through the giftshop" and this meant I ended up being surrounded by lovely art books!!!!

I treated myself to a pocket watercolour book (it is nice a simple, unlike some of my other books which confuse me and put me off painting) and also an urban sketching book.

I really enjoy urban sketching and on trips out I often have a small drawing pad, pen and a mini watercolour kit.  I have sketched on trains, buses, in pubs....anywhere I find something interesting to record.

So I was all prepared to crack on with my quilt after having made an effort at the weekend...only to find myself distracted by flicking through the books..which ended up being more than a hour!

I am determined to crack on with  it.....oh, but there is ironing and bottling of the sloe gin, and filing....etc........ah, why am I SO good at procrastiation!!

Happy crafting
Kyla
 
 

4 comments:

  1. lol! think how cosy it will be when you get it finished! mind you that book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks great. So much so, I've just ordered it for my daughter for Christmas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic....the sketch one? It is really good, the best I have found so far

      Delete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment