Sunday 9 April 2017

Bristol Urban Sketchers Meet up

 
At the weekend I attended the monthly meet up of the Bristol Urban Sketchers.
 
It is a great group (and expanding month on month) and there are some fabulous artists with so many different styles that there is always inspiration and something new to learn.
 
This month we went to https://arnosvale.org.uk/ a 45 acre cemetery only 15 mins walk from the centre of the city.  I have lived in Bristol for about 14 years and have never visited. 
 Well, I will be back soon-this place was amazing.  It had a cafĂ©, exhibition space, museum, natural 'green' cemetery, historical areas, sailors cemetery, woodland walks and much more. It is free to get in and for a  small donation you can have a guided tour.



 
 
I was running late for the meet up so I didn't have too long but I did manage to make a quick sketch in my travel journal.  After we sketch we all meet up for either a drink or some lunch and share sketches and stories.  It is always lovely to meet with like minded people and they are such a talented group-if you are interested and in the area then they have a FB group.
 
Happy crafting
Kyla


1 comment:

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment