Sunday 7 May 2017

Abandoned Art

So the pay the bills job has been somewhat hectic the past few months meaning that there has been very little time for me, friends or crafting.  

Crafting for me (since I discovered it when I was about 7 years old) allows me some 'down time' mentally and physically and is crucial to my well being (it is as important to me as exercise and meditation).  This has meant I have had to learn how to snatch little pleasures where I can and art abandonment fits this perfectly.

I recently spent 10 mins during a break making a quick sketch on a tag that I used to mop up some paint from a previous project then abandon it for someone else to find.


This watercolour and ink was a quick sketch of some tulips and I abandoned it at the park in Sidmouth, Devon opposite the Sir John Betjemen plaque.

I always leave the details of the Art Abandonment group of Facebook but have never heard from anyone who has found one of my pieces (which is fine as the point is to set them free and not expect a response) but I do hope that they bring a smile to someones face.

Happy crafting
Kyla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment